Celebration Cake Ideas
Celebration cake below was submitted by one of our readers like yourself. If you would like to have your cake recipe and photos posted on this site, simply fill out birthday cake submission form. Please include detailed step-by-step directions for making your cake.
I'm sure our website visitors would appreciate you for providing them with great cake recipe ideas.
Cake submitted by Jude S. from Christchurch, New Zealand
This was very simple to make.
I had limited time and didn't like the other ideas given for a High School Musical themed cake, so decided to invent my own!
What you need:
- 1 sponge roll cake
- 1 large muffin (not iced)
- 500g ready-to-roll icing (white)
- Silver powder color (I used Golden Day brand, available from specialist cake decorating shop)
- Small amount of butter icing (see below)
- Licorice lollies (the ones coated in hundreds and thousands)
- 2 thin licorice straps
- Cake board (covered with red foiled crepe paper)
- Tall silver candles
What to do:
- Lay out the sponge roll on the board with the muffin at one end.
- Roll out the ready-to-roll icing until large enough to cover the whole "cake" (sponge roll and muffin). Drape over the top, and trim the edges around the base.
- Mix a small amount of the silver powder color with a few drops of gin/vodka. (I was assured by the lady at the cake shop that the alcohol would have evaporated by the time the children ate the cake!) Paint the icing with this mixture using a small pastry brush or paint brush.
- Make the butter icing, and use small dabs of it to stick licorice lollies all over the muffin part of the cake.
- Lay the licorice straps from the narrow end of the microphone to look like the cord.
- Place silver candles along the length of the microphone.
To make butter icing:
Soften 25 g butter in a bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup of icing sugar and 1/2 tsp milk. Beat until smooth.
Submit Your Cake Here!