Chinese Food Takeout Cake
Chinese food takeout cake below was submitted by one of our readers like yourself. If you would like to have your cake recipe and photos posted on this site, simply fill out submission form. Please include detailed step-by-step directions for making your cake.
I'm sure our website visitors would thank you for providing them with great cake recipe ideas.
Cake submitted by Dipali S. from Collegeville, PA
- Bake 2 layers of 6" square cake. Stack both layers with buttercream icing as filling. Repeat to create second take out box.
- Make 9 cups of buttercream icing to use for filling and icing the cakes.
- Make 4 batches of white marshmallow fondant (one batch is 1 cup mini marshmallows with 1 Tbsp. water heated in microwave for 30 sec.). Remove promptly, and stir to a soupy consistency. Gradually mix/knead in 1½ cups confectionary sugar. Use shortening on hands to prevent sticking.
- Wrap both cooled 6" square cakes in saran wrap, and chill in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove, and carve the sides at an angle to create takeout box shape.
- Roll out the white fondant about 1/4" thick. Lay the carved cakes on their side, and use them as templates to cut out the fondant sides. Cut out 4 sides and the top lid. Let dry overnight.
Next day, take edible pen and write "Enjoy" and "Thank You." Draw temple image on the fondant cutouts. Apply cutouts to sides of cake with icing.
- Color 1 cup icing. Use Wilton tip #233 and disposable decorating bag to squeeze out noodles on top of box. Use bendable wire for handle.
- Cut about 6" diameter fondant circle, fold over and squeeze together to create a fortune cookie. Chopsticks are wooden dowels wrapped in red fondant. Lettering and numbers are made from white chocolate candy molds.
Submit Your Cake Here!