iPod Cake Ideas
iPod cake below was kindly submitted by one of our readers like yourself. If you would like to have your cake recipe and photos posted on this site, simply fill out birthday cake submission form. Please include detailed step-by-step directions for making your cake.
I'm sure our website visitors would appreciate you for providing them with great cake recipe ideas.
Cake submitted by Kristy W. from Tulsa, OK
- Twelve 2x4-in. brownies (we used a 28-oz pkg. of Little Debbie Cosmic brownies), unwrapped
- 2 cans (12 oz each) whipped fluffy white frosting
- 6 paste or gel food colors (we used yellow, green, blue, pink, and purple)
- 12 large assorted-color gumdrops (for touch wheel)
- 24 Mike and Ike's candy (for the earbuds)
- Box of Fruit Roll-ups (for iPod screens)
- Large package of licorice fruit streamers, any color (for wires)
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Place a wire rack on each. Put brownies flat side up on racks.
- Put 3 cups of frosting in each of 5 small microwave-safe bowls. Tint each a different color. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside. Place white frosting in a large Ziploc bag.
- Roll out gumdrops on a lightly sugared surface with a rolling pin until each is about 8 in. thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from gumdrops. Set aside.
- Cut rectangles from the Fruit Roll-ups about 1" x 1 1/2". Set aside.
- Microwave 1 bowl tinted frosting 5 seconds on high, then stir. Continue heating, 5 seconds at a time, stirring until the texture is of slightly whipped cream. (Don't overheat.)
Pour 1 to 2 Tbsp over each of 2 brownies to cover. Repeat with other tinted frostings.
- Place rectangles and circles on coated brownies. Cut a tiny tip off corner of Ziploc bag, and pipe details on gumdrops. Let dry. Remove to a serving tray.
- For headphones, separate 2 Fruit Streamers by color. Pull one end apart, leaving the rest of the streamer together.
Make a small hole at top edge of iPod with a toothpick and insert joined end of Fruit Streamer. Tie the other ends of streamers to the Mike and Ike candy to make earbuds.
Tip: headphones need to be completed soon before party, or the licorice will get dry.
Submit Your Cake Here!